Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sketchy Map Symbols and Magic Circles

Thanks for the brushes. I've been using them for the current lite mapping challenge here.
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

Guild Novice

I downloaded these brushes from DeviantArt. Which is a great site btw (for those of you who are not a member, get in there!)

Hi StarRaven, hi everyone!
    I admire these brushes and have been trying to contact StarRaven for a while now. Has anyone been in touch with StarRaven lately? If somebody knows how i can contact her please write me a PM!
    Thanks in advance.

Keep up the good work StarRaven

Guild Novice

This is awesome, Thank you!

Changed the CC license on this! Thank you for all your support and please continue to make wonderful works and have fun. <3
    North or south or east or west, where to point your shoes...?
    Which direction is the best?
    If the choosing gets confusing, maybe it's the map you're using....

oh these are just delightful Thank you for sharing StarRaven
    Our sense of the stability of the earth is an illusion due to the shortness of our lives.
    - Neil deGrasse Tyson

These are fantastic brushes! Does anyone have tips on converting them to vector? Is it better to replicate the "sketchy" feel, or focus on the essential lines? I'm new to vector graphics and want to port these brushes into Adobe Illustrator symbols for my experimental project. So far, I've played around with the Image Trace tool and hand-tracing with the Pencil tool. Advice from experienced vector people would be welcome.

Thank you for creating the art, Starraven, and giving us permission to play with it.

Guild Apprentice

Hi StarRaven. Just wanted to say thanks for the awesome brushes. I used them in a map I've just finished for an RPG campaign and I think they look fantastic. Would love for you to have a look and see what you think.

https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ad.php?t=34881

Thanks again!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123