View Poll Results: Please vote for THREE (3) entries.

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *** December/January 2010/11 VOTING - Wherever I Lay My Head ***

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Default *** December/January 2010/11 VOTING - Wherever I Lay My Head ***

The challenge this month was to map a campsite. No night passes uneventfully so the campsite was required to be mapped out at a tactical scale with a grid laid over the top.

Here are the challenge thumbs:

There are 12 entries this month, so please vote for 3 entries. Remember to Rep those that you vote for, and any others that you feel deserve it.

This vote will end in 4 days (20th of January). Good luck everyone!

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This one was tough. I had to vote for Jax his style is so cool it always pops a story idea in my head when I see his stuff. My second vote went to professorthunder for the same reason very evocative. and lastly pindercarl got my third vote for a super clean and cool entry. I had a lot of fun with this one and feel like I learned things that will make me a better cartographer. All the entries were very good and everyone should be proud
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected RjBeals's Avatar

pindcarl - the perspective is awesome. Nice work

professorthunder - love the tire tracks, thats what sold it for me

jtougas - excellent mood in the scene. nice work on the shadows as well.

Way to go for all the entries. The more maps, the more fun to vote !

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Wow, that was a really hard vote! Lots of great entries this month. I ended up going for:

professorthunder: This just feels like someone actually stopped there. The detail is incredible, and it's very well executed.
    yandor: I can totally see this in my game. I really like the cut-ins as well. It evokes the kind of campsite where someone's singing -- probably badly.
    jaxilon: I love the spooky feels-safe-and-defensible-but-wait-what-was-that feeling this gives.

Off to go spread the rep, there are a lot of deserving folks this challenge

Why are all the Heroe's campsites that tidy? Orcs etc. also want to loot.
    My favourite is the campsite by professorthunder, I feel cold when looking at it. My further votes got Yandor and jtougas. Good job everyone!

My votes went to Jx, JT and Yandor.
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Congrats professorthunder !! A beautiful map. And congratulations to everyone who entered. And thank you to everyone that helped and voted ofr my map and..and..and..
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Congratz to ProfessorThunder on his first win!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Congratulations! Professorthunder - you now have a shiny new piece for your medal cabinet. Great first entry into a challenge!

Indeed congratulations PT, you made a great looking map. I love the yellow snow that inadvertently looks like a duck! If you put a crown on him you might call him 'pee-king duck' hahaha...sorry, lame joke.

I got busy on the other Challenge going on and missed out on voting, although I do find it weird to vote on challenges I am in.

There were a lot of great entries, congratulations to everyone who entered. I would say that one of my votes would have gone to Rythal. I am surprised he only got 1 vote. Maybe the bridge only being one square wide? I don't know.
    And JT, you worked that over and ended up with a real nice piece, way to go.

Lastly, I can't believe I came in second...that's like the worst position. To be so close you can smell the electronic badge machine and yet be the first to get....nothing

Wear it with pride PT, and welcome to the awards ceremony. Just don't drink too much of that champaign, I hear we got it on discount.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast