Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: January/February Lite Challenge Entry: The Caverns Of The Dragonqueen

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No worries Jax. I started a new version of this map. In fact instead of making me feel like quitting you & Gidde made me even more determined to try this. At least now I'll get judged on my own merits not just my ability to artfully stamp stuff..
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

There's the spirit! Can't wait to see the new version

Blog Entries

Wip

The demonic figure moved to the bow of the ship and raised his hands above his head. A mighty clap of thunder was followed by a blinding flash of lightning. Baril Gerean found himself trying to cover his eyes and his ears while still staying hidden. The ship suddenly lurched and Gerean found himself looking at the entrance to a cave only this entrance was larger than any he had ever seen before. The demon stepped off of the ship and into the entrance and because he simply had no idea of what else to do. Gerean followed....

Ok here we go with another version. I feel like I need to say thank you to the Guild and especially to Jaxilon and Gidde. Thanks for putting up with my monthly crisis' and getting me pointed back down the path. I've decided to try something different with this version kind of a "parchment meets photo realistic" we'll see how it goes..

###LATEST WIP###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	January Febuary Challenge.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	4.02 MB 
ID:	32924
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

3rd times the charm, right? I like the colors so far.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Blog Entries

Wip

Baril Gerean found it was rather like walking in a dream or maybe more like a nightmare.The colors looked different. Just slightly off from what he was used to. Sounds were different as well. Muted but echoing at the same time. He found he was having a hard time focusing on anything. The demon was not so afflicted and walked into the tunnel and out of sight. Gerean saw no pressing need to follow it just at that moment so he sat on a large rock and looked around. There wasn't much to see. The landscape was vast. Empty plains stretched out endlessly in a gray parade of nothingness. Out of the corner of his eye Gerean thought he saw some kind of animal shuffling along the grey plains but couldn't be sure. Something was pulling him toward the mouth of the tunnel and he listened...

I decided to tell a story ON the map as if this map was made by a group of adventurers that marked important locations on it. I think I might be going in the right direction now.

###LATEST WIP###

Views:	50 
Size:	4.00 MB 
ID:	32926

Finished Maps

Hey, we all need some shoulder and a little shove now and again to get us back on the path, no need for thanks. I *love* the new concept; I think you're right, you've hit on your entry direction.

Blog Entries

Wip

The map had been tucked in behind a rock of the same gray color as everything else here. Baril Gerean sat on that rock and looked at the worn parchment. There had been others here, others from the Kingdom how had he never heard of their adventures? Surely something like this would have been spread far and wide. As he looked at the map and it's locations a dread feeling came over him. Unless these people never came back. Suddenly Gerean felt very cold....

Worked a bit more on this. I'm not 100% sure on the color but I wanted to show that something "evil" was happening here...

###LATEST WIP###

Views:	38 
Size:	2.66 MB 
ID:	32952

Finished Maps

I think it matches with the stylistic, silhouette figures.

Blog Entries

Wip

Baril Gerean could hear voices coming from behind him. He turned to see several human figures closing in on him. He was surprised to see humans in this place. One of the humans a tall male approached him." Are you our guide? We were promised a guide." Gerean had a moment of understanding. These people had arrived the same way he did on the strange ship,except they had not stowed away. Quite possibly they had even paid for the privilege (if one could call it that) of being transported to this dread place. He shook his head and answered the tall one. "No I am no guide only a visitor like yourself" A strikingly beautiful human female strode forward with a haughty glance at Gerean. "Not like us surely for you smell of fish." This drew a laugh from the rest of the now assembled band. Gerean hid a smile. These fools had no hint of what waited for them and were too stupid to be afraid of it......

Got some more done on this. I dressed up the text a little. I like the result. I also added a library it is the only thing that has been consistent in this project to this point. For some reason I really feel that every abyssal location should have a library.. As always feedback is requested and appreciated.. Thanks !!

###LATEST WIP###

Views:	41 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	32958

Finished Maps

Blog Entries

Wip

Baril Gerean snorted as the band of fools passed him and entered the tunnel. At least one of them had there weapon drawn and another was casting a spell of some sort. They treated this like a holiday. Gerean had no idea of what awaited them but he was sure down to his bones that it would be no holiday....

Added some more "stuff" I know I'm cheating a bit just drawing "blobs" but at least there my "blobs"..

###LATEST WIP###

Views:	45 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	32984

Finished Maps

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast