Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: January/February Lite Challenge Entry: The Caverns Of The Dragonqueen

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wip January/February Lite Challenge Entry: The Caverns Of The Dragonqueen

Hmm..that sounds familiar Yes that's right hale and hearty men and women of adventure Sign here and be transported on the wings of luxury to that most dread and evil place The Abyssal Plane of Despair, where you can travel the Caverns of The Dragonqueen her most demonic highness. No person has ever survived an encounter on this fell plane will you be the first? You there you seem like a most fit and skilled adventurer won't you take a chance?.....

Decided to jump right in with this one. Not much yet but I've never done a dungeon of this type before.

###LATEST WIP###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	January Febuary Challenge.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	32598
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Way to jump right on that new challenge! I like your dungeon shape, looking forward to seeing what you do with it

Blog Entries

Wip

Baril Gerean was not quite sure what he was doing. One moment he was walking down a crowded street in the port city of Stormhaven, and the next moment he was listening to a odd looking fellow describing some grand adventure in an abyssal plane. The odd fellow stood on the deck of a most odd looking ship. One without sails or even a rudder. Gerean had never seen such a ship and was baffled as to how it would actually sail. The man who had not given his name was extolling the crowd with stories of a thing called the "Dragonqueen" ruler of some evil and fell plane deep below. Baril Gerean was not an adventurous man by nature but something in the odd fellows' voice drew him in closer...

Added a floor texture and darkened the walls a bit.

###LATEST WIP###

Views:	99 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	32602
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Hoboy you got the bug! Way to go man, fired up and mapping like a fiend. I envy you guys who just blast right off when these things are announced.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Well, we do try to make the challenges inspiring but sometimes we pick something so open-ended that, if you've had an idea in the past, now is the time to dust it off.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Blog Entries

Wip

Night fell over the city of Stormhaven and Baril Gerean hadn't moved. He had stood and listened to the strange man with the strange boat tell his stories over and over. He had watched as a few people signed up for the expedition. He had almost done it himself once or twice but his innate fear took over and stopped him. The crowd was gone now and the strange man had retired below decks. Gerean had a discomforting feeling about all of this but couldn't quite place why. Without really realizing it he found himself stealing onto the deck of the ship with no sails to see what he could find out...

Added some torches and started on the highlights.

###LATEST WIP###

Views:	92 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	32640

Finished Maps

Blog Entries

Wip

Moving about a ship posed no problem for Baril Gerean he had worked on his fathers' fisher for his entire life. He had never encountered a vessel like this before however. As he had noted earlier there was no sail and no mast. The deck was strangely smooth and not made of wooden planks as most ships were. Looking aft Gerean saw no wheel or any other method of steering the ship. He was headed to the rear of the vessel when he noticed a red glow coming from below decks. Something inside him told him to run but he had to know what he had seen....

Insert evil objects here. I may be forced to draw dretch and after a few tries I have realized that that is going to be a problem..anyone have any ideas?

###LATEST WIP###

Views:	117 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	32659

Finished Maps

"draw dretch"? I don't understand.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

IIRC a Dretch is some kind of demon or something.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast