Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First Mapping Attempt Outline

Hey, love the shape, it's dynamic but also feels somewhat natural, to me anyway. Looking forward to seeing this develop.

Repped.

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

So yes, I've left my mapping project for awhile due to a hectic life haha. That being said I'm back at it and trying my best to use inkscape to come up with a design I like. It's a very basic looking map, but it looks much better than some of my previous attempts (I won't even show you those). I decided to start small, and just begin with part of the continent from the north eastern region. Any suggestions are welcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Test.gif 
Views:	44 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	34302  

This looks like an awesome start to me! Keep up the good work!

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nice start I love the colors
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Any suggestions?

Blog Entries

I don't have any at the moment as you've made a fine start. What's next ?
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

I've started hand drawing out the elements of the rest of the continent, and am about to transfer it into inkscape format and start working on it in there again. We'll see how it goes.

Alright, another step along the path to being done. What are your thoughts?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	path2869hkffddc.gif 
Views:	38 
Size:	66.0 KB 
ID:	34585  

Blog Entries

Looks great. All your geography looks right as do your rivers. (you do have one lake that needs an outlet). I really like the coastlines. Nice job

Finished Maps

Thank you, I appreciate your approval. I fixed the lake as well . On to the forests!
    Last edited by EsotericForest; 03-24-2011 at 10:23 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast