Thread: Map Element Requests

Default Map Element Requests

Hi all, new to the forums here, Loving the vibe!

Anyway, I just signed on as D&D DM for some folk that don't, and never have, played, so I'm trying to make it something special, so they'll want to play some more.

I've got a map in it's early stages, and I came to the point where I need to decide how to style it graphically. I've always had a deep affection for tolkein maps, so I'm going to make it appear hand-drawn. I've got an old dip-ink pen that I'm going to sketch different elements and notations for on the map (e.g. mountains, forests, etc.). While I'm at it, I figure that I'll post them all for use on the computer as a brush or something (something I've wanted to do for a while).

What sort of things along that line would you want, or feel useful to have? I'll try my hand at it
    Marginally Sane.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Just about anything you post up, we'll find a use for Personally, I've always had a devil of a time drawing swampy stuff, so I'd certainly appreciate swamp symbols.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Good call, Gidde. I, myself, can't draw a sand dune or a snow drift to save my life.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps