Thread: The Town Of Bolis

Map The Town Of Bolis

Basicly this is a small elvish fishing villiage where everything starts. of course its my first attempt at a map using the computer, and ive scraped the program i used cc3 i think its much to limited, and id still rather use paper and a few colored pencils well you might have to put the link in your borwser bar up there (i dont know how to work this stuff ) PENCIL AND PAPER I TELL YOU PENCIL AND PAPERClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Bolis.JPG 
Views:	145 
Size:	296.4 KB 
ID:	33025

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looks pretty good to me for a first attempt. I don't use CC3 but it does make a beautiful map once you get the hang of it. Don't give up just yet. Oh and as far as uploading things here it's very easy.

1.when you want to upload something click on the "go advanced" button on the bottom of your post
    2.Click the "paperclip" icon (this will bring up the attachment manager)
    3.Click "choose file" (this will bring you to a default location where it thinks your map stuff is you may have to change it)
    4.Select your file(s)
    5.Click "upload"
    5.After your file is uploaded click "insert inline" (it helps to have the cursor below your text so the code will be inserted after your text)
    6. That's it (there is a 5mb limit on file size but even at 100% quality with a jpeg thats a pretty big image)

Something to think about: A map is a tool to help people get from one place to another. Sure maps can also be art but it all depends on what you are looking for. Your map is functional it shows where everything is and how to get there.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.