Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: January/February Entry: The Secret Lair of Dr. Otto Von Raithborne

Well I'm trying to find a replacement for the images, something more open source or something of my own. I just lack the motivation to get down and learn the tablet haha. The font is "Amienne", I think it's default with Windows 7 but not sure. I'll add it here if you want it and I'm also including the tillable script texture and paper texture I made in case anyone is interested. These three elements I find encompass a lot of the mood of the style I got going here. Aside from that I have a grainy rendered cloud as my base layer and most layers are set to overlay. If an object needs to be solid three layers of the same content allows it to inherit the coloring and textures used but not seem translucent. Thanks for the compliments the wifey took out the whip this month for the lite challenge is is pushing me to ensure I win.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	27-paper-texture-1.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	32836   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seamless-fake-writing-texture-vector.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	54.1 KB 
ID:	32837  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Here's another update. Added a compass to each level and fixed some contrasting issues. I had fun making this compass which is my first custom made one. On the other hand, I almost totally borked my map some how when merging and migrating layers and I lost half the furnishings on the third level. So I had to stitch together a solid layer from the previous .jpeg I posted. Did wonders for .xcf file size when open but unfortunately the third level cant be edited without causing damage. So labeling and everything is gonna stay on the third level.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Arcane Compass Rose.png 
Views:	84 
Size:	113.6 KB 
ID:	32846   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Secret Lair of Dr. Otto Von Raithborne.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	4.41 MB 
ID:	32848  
    Last edited by geamon; 01-24-2011 at 02:51 PM.
    Cheers, Julien

All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Finished furnishing the first level again. Looks better now in my mind. One more to go then to worry about the portraits.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	The Secret Lair of Dr. Otto Von Raithborne b.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	3.17 MB 
ID:	32875  
    Cheers, Julien

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looks awesome !!
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Gogogo, just a couple days left! This is looking fantastic. I love what you've done with it since you changed direction.

couple days? This goes till the 15th doesn't it? He's got a couple of weeks yet. Still, I agree, this is looking wonderful.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

OH! Yeah, it does! I got my challenges swapped. Sorry if I unnecessarily stressed ya, there, geamon!

Here's my completed version pending any errors or editing to refine the look.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	The Secret Lair of Dr. Otto Von Raithborne.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	4.50 MB 
ID:	33481  
    Cheers, Julien

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looks great geamon - and nice portraits as well... the doctor reminds me a little of a brittish actor, the stupid one from Blackadder... (well one of the stupid ones *lol*)
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is so very cool Geamon. I couldn't think of a better place for my 1000th post
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123