Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mapping the Big Apple: Visions of New York gallery show running until March 16th

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Default Mapping the Big Apple: Visions of New York gallery show running until March 16th

Mapping the Big Apple: Visions of New York is the Cartographers' Guild's second gallery show in partnership with the Soho Gallery of Digital Art. The show runs until the 16th of March and is free entry.

The show features maps by over 20 artists from around the world, inspired by the Big Apple. Maps range from the original New Amsterdam fort to a topographical history of the birth of hip hop. You can find a gallery of all the maps here:

Mapping the Big Apple: Visions of New York

The original entries into the contest can be found here.

There is a viewing party in the gallery on the evening of the 20th of January. Drop in from 6.30 for some wine and nibbles and to see the maps.
    Last edited by torstan; 01-18-2011 at 01:56 PM.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

And we (meaning the Guild. Not counting myself as contibutor to the show...) are getting even more exposure over at EN World. Albeit exposure once you click the link as they do not mention the Guild directly.

And may all the contributors make enough sales to get that new tablet, or software upgrade, or new computer......
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Thanks - I've been pimping it out around the internet for the 2011 leg of the run. After a burst this morning the site's had over 1,500 page views today. I've updated the website to have clear links to the CG as well.

I should check it out on the 20th seeing as I'm now in the city. Let me see if the wifey is interested.
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Are they going to be taking more entries on this because I seem to recall some discussion of having a show at a later time? It sounds like they have enough to roll until March.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

There was a thought about having a re-run of the show in the summer or early fall with more maps added. If you have a map that you'd like to finish up for such a show, I'd encourage you to carry on with it.

Just a quick update to say that the show got a feature on the Artorder blog - the blog and artist community of the Wizards art director Jon Schindehette. You can find it here:
    http://theartorder.com/?p=540

I'm not sure he intended the show banner to be at the top of the Artorder page, but I'm very grateful!

Guild Novice

I plan on stopping by the gallery tonight. Hope to meet some of you there!
    -Danielle

Great to meet Danielle at the show. The party went well. I'll get some pics up tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast