Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lower Manhattan In My Own Words

Guild Apprentice

That is really cool. I will watch out for the smallish pigs next time I'm in the city.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Yep, the micro pig this is probably the strangest trend I've come across so far.

I'm interested to extending this style a bit - as this seems to be going down well. It's fun to create a map solely out of information and still have it readable. Thanks for all the responses - I'm really pleased that people like it.

I guarantee it if I was anywhere near the city of NY I would go check out some of these places you have down there....say the best Pizza and so on. It's an effective map because it would be useful to someone wanting to check out the area. Hey, you should go to some of these places and see if they would be interested in having a copy on their wall? Might make a few sales.

By the way, what happened when you were mugged and did you get to have your pint eventually?
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 01-23-2011 at 02:09 PM.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

It was my wife (she was shaken, but otherwise unharmed). And yes, my pint was still there when I got back over an hour later. That's what I call good service in a local pub

Torstan - I love text-as-graphics ! You've gone steps better than the usual "Poe's Raven typeset in a raven silhouette" stuff.

Ravells - your daughter needs Bill Peet's Chester the Worldly Pig :-).

That brings back memories. We did lessons on concrete poetry when we were in school. My favourite was a poem on anger laid out as a crossword. It certainly runs very close to being dismissed as nonsense a lot of the time.

This is awesomeness personified! One thing I miss about no longer living in cities is art galleries with conceptual space like this.

Well done! I now want to map my town with words...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12