Thread: Baziron's "Mapness"

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Baziron's "Mapness"

or: the d in Madness just went sick, turned, and fell over.

In my introduction I had said that I'm no good at drawing, more so at making stuff up for existing maps. I thought it'd be valid to actually show what I mean by that.

Attached is a file where I applied the D&D temperature bands to the map which will be used in the campaign I'm preparing. It's the GM's map... The arrow are to mark the currents, the colours are just to indicate cold/warm.

When I did this, I tried to also give oceanic currents, water temperature and stuff a thought, and then go by gut instinct. So many things probably won't be correct, but at least, they'll be sincere. :-)

I have an open ear for comments, advice, or similiar. The map used is actually found in WotC's Map a Week Archive (and I hope that I don't mess anything up by having used it), and I'll try to get the original link asap.

Here's the link to the temperatures map, it's too big for upload (being a psd and all): http://www.bms.eps-bonn.de/Gaddika%20Temperatures.psd

I attach the "annotated" map, too, where I put additional info into the original map.

(If this ended up in the wrong place, I agree on repositioning it...)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GM's Gaddika.jpg 
Views:	328 
Size:	132.6 KB 
ID:	2034  
    Last edited by Baziron; 12-28-2007 at 02:13 AM. Reason: Pointing out what needs to be pointed out