Thread: January/February Lite Challenge Entry: The Treasure Cave

Guild Member

Wip January/February Lite Challenge Entry: The Treasure Cave

I am running a short adventure next week that is based on an old AEG module called "Dead Man's Cove". The adventure involves the PCs tracking down and dealing with a group of pirates. The pirates have a cave in which they have stored the loot and the group will need to go in a get the loot back. The first room has a pile of gold (It's a trap!). The second chamber contains two rock formations that glow strangly and cast colorful light displays acoss the cave. The next section is filled with ocean water and has a small boat. The last room is where the loot is found. What do you like and what needs work? I am thinking the water is too blue for an undergound pool, but I am not sure yet how to darken it without ruining the feel of it being water.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	priate cove cave.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	217.6 KB 
ID:	32750

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looks really good. If you want to darken that water (or make it lighter) you could use a color overlay layer.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

I don't think the water's too dark; it's just too saturated (imho). Underground you have smaller light sources, so everything tends to be a slightly-colored shade of gray. That might be why your intuition is telling you something's wrong.

Guild Member

Wip

OK, still working on the water, but it is better than it was before. Also, I did the first map on my laptop and the colors were completly differnt when I pulled it up on my tabletop computer. Not liking the green look. So I have changed the colors to a more stonelike gray. What do you think? Also added a titale and logo for the map.

### Latest WIP ###

Views:	77 
Size:	181.1 KB 
ID:	32771

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Yes, much better! And I like the title, very piratey

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Arg..Very nice matey..
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Guild Member

Wip

got rid of most of the shadow in the color filled room (seemed to make sense) and added a small map of outside the cave (the actual cove).

### Latest WIP ###

Views:	147 
Size:	228.2 KB 
ID:	32778
    Last edited by meek75; 01-21-2011 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Delete an attachment that was accidently included.

Plunder and loot, what's not to like I like those little islands in the colorized room. Not sure what that is in there but they look interesting.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt