Thread: Hello

Guild Applicant

Post Hello

I've always been interested in maps and cartography. I have no experience and no artistic talent whatsoever. But learning new things keeps my brain if not my body from ossifying so I thought I'd finally give it a try and I bought Pro Fantasy's Campaign Cartographer. Now if I can only figure out how to size a base map the way I want...

Welcome!

I saw your other post about HEX grids, gonna have to think on it.

Welcome to the Group Tho!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Welcome from another CC3 novice!
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Welcome, PEB! Glad to have you aboard the Slickmap Express!

Be sure to post any questions you have here in the Guild. We have some wonderfully talented CC users who I feel justified in boasting can answer any conceivable question about that software package. Also be sure to post your maps either for critique or for show. Oh, and help the rest of us out when you can, too, ok?

EDIT: Oh! You already did post a question! Good for you!!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Welcome to the Guild PEB! As for the resizing of the base map... ready for it? You don't.

Shocking I know. Many, many before you have had exactly the same question. The thing to know is that CC works in "real world" units and in "infinite space". If you are working on an overland map, you can simple take the default of 1 map unit equals 1 "whatever" unit (typically a kilometer/mile) and go from there.

What is probably throwing you is the border. My advice there is just unfreeze the layers and delete all the entities. You can redraw or add a border later.

If you are working on a city or dungeon map, however, the units are 1:1. Where 1' = 1' on the scale of the map. Of course you can change this as needed as well.

I would strongly encourage you to go through the quick start manual that comes with CC and do all the tutorials. You will find them invaluable for getting up to speed very quickly. Once you have gone through all the tutorials you'll find that your questions will be much deeper and you'll have an easier time at understanding the answers that folks give you.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.