Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spam in the place where you live...

Default Spam in the place where you live...

Any reason why I'm tagging a bunch of posts as Spam all of a sudden? Someone else mentioned noticing more as well a couple days ago. I'm just wondering if this is typical or if we changed something that let a bunch of Spam in?

For now I'll just keep reporting them as 'Spam' so whatever little elves we have can clean them up.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Blog Entries

Thanks thats always the best. We get a lot of spam and its hacked down very quickly. You may be seeing a lot because you go online just after the spam has been posted. We have CL's in many time zones knocking it down around the clock.

Please hit that moderate button two to the right of the rep button and it gets temporarily taken off the boards, tagged as something for CLs to look at and decide what to do with.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

I don't think any of the settings have changed, but spam comes in fits and bursts - and the more exposure the guild gets, the more spam will come in. Thanks a lot for all the spam hunting - have a touch of rep for your efforts!

No problem, I know I'm on late into the night during the cooler months of the year because I can get away with it. I will keep using the 'Report' button and tagging it with 'spam' as the reason whenever I see it. If we ever have a badge for Spam hunters it should be a little can of Spam, hehe.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

A little can of spam with the red circle and line over it!

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sir Jaxilon Vanquisher of the Spam !!
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Gidde View Post
    A little can of spam with the red circle and line over it!
    Or the sight guides of a sniper rifle.

Or a Don Quixote style knight bravely tilting at a giant can of Spam. LOL

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Ooh, I like the sniper rifle reticle over the can of spam!

On a serious note, I'm glad this thread got posted; I reported one of em a few days ago and I wasn't quite sure that was the right thing to do. Now I know it was and will continue to do it in the future.

Nothing like a pack of rabid mappers on the hunt for Spam.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast