Thread: January/February Lite Challenge Entry: The depths of Three Hills Cave

Map January/February Lite Challenge Entry: The depths of Three Hills Cave

My first try at a mapping challenge - and my first time that I'll be modifying the map digitally instead of doing it all by hand.

Here's the raw scan after 50 minutes of mapping (low res version, high res will appear as I get close to finished).

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	one-hour-raw-scan.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	118.2 KB 
ID:	32856
    Dyson's Dodecahedron
    an RPG blog, with a few maps

Pretty much all my maps are drawn by hand - ink on paper - and then scanned and contrast-enhanced

Welcome to the Arena of map Challenges! This looks very nice and I for one look forward to seeing how you progress with it.

"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

"Citizenship in a Republic,"
    Speech at the Sorbonne, Paris, April 23, 1910
    and I may have to add this one to my sig.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

I love the shape of the cave/dungeon system. Looking forward to see what you do with it

Here it is again after 20 minutes of post-production in Photoshop.

I *think* it's done.

(large file - 1.5 megs)

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	one-hour-refined-big.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	32871
    Dyson's Dodecahedron
    an RPG blog, with a few maps

Pretty much all my maps are drawn by hand - ink on paper - and then scanned and contrast-enhanced

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I actually like the one without the hatching pattern. The pattern is useful for small caverns as it lends some extra punch but I don't think it's necessary here. Just my opinion, though, but it looks great.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very cool. once again I tip my proverbial hat to another person who can draw..
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.