Thread: Agnos continent: south end

Wip Agnos continent: south end

this is just a small small part of the world map I am attempting to make for my game, Celestias Ferrum, you can visit the website in my sig bar.

please, if anyone can help me....I'm desperate

I like the general color of the map, and the compass rose is nicely done, but the rest of the map is just a bit bland and featureless at the moment. There are no rivers, no interesting little bays, and no real features other than the mountains and what I am assuming are lakes.

I know..it's the best I could scrap together with the stuff I had done. I'm trying to look for someone who could help me make the world map of my game, and I've put an thread up in the request forums. If anyone could help, please do...

It's a great start. I like the subtle land texture and the monochrome colour scheme. The grid is really dominant though, might be worth considering reducing the line size and using a darker shade of the yellow rather than the gray. The three lake formations are identical which suggests a copy and paste. Each lake having an individual shape would look better unless there's some 'in game' reason to have them identical. Same with the mountains, the repeated symbols pretty obvious making the map look computer generated rather than hand drawn (which I guess the style is intended to suggest).

As Sular says, the map is a little featureless at the moment, but I'm guessing that will work itself out once you get more information. Good foundations to build on though!

I wouldn't be too hard on this map at all. Yes, it's very basic, but the color scheme is pleasing and there are textures to give it a depth. I would suggest you just follow the above advice and add more features to the map--not too many, though, for they would kill the simplicity of the work.

Good luck; I hope you find the help you need to work on it--or, alternatively, that you keep posting specific questions so we can help you fix it. (Although most of your help will likely come after the holiday vacations are over--traffic has been slow over the past couple weeks.)
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]