Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Celestias Ferrum needs world map maker

Post Celestias Ferrum needs world map maker

Hi, I'm new here, and I know it's extremly noobish, I don't even like it, when new people ask for help, but I'm really close to releasing the new demo.

Currently, I'm trying to make a world map for my game, which is failing painfully becuase of my lack of resources and skills.

Heres my current work, which I can hopefully abandon if someone can help me.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...u/OverVeiw.jpg

The size will be large, the above picture was an 1:8 zoomed out.

Anyways, I'm hoping somoene can help me make a map that has an canvas style like this. Mountains, towns, lakes, hopefully, all that can be represented on this canvas. I don't need anything thats up close in detail, but the 100% img should be around sizes like this

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...u/Legendia.jpg

thats the best I could clean up a small part of my map.

I will be really grateful if anyone can do this. I know this is a huge request, but I would really, really love someone who is in the profession of making maps rather than someone like me, who knows nothing at all.

I have made an really crappy mock up before so you can have an basic idea of what the major locations. Please think about helping me, thanks ahead of time.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x.../LiliumMap.jpg

edit-

also, if you would like to see if my porject is worthy of help, you can visit my website in my sig, which will be getting moved soon to an server host I have already paid for.

Also, heres one of the newest identical threads I have made or my game.

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,23104.0.html
    Last edited by monkeydlu; 12-26-2007 at 04:09 PM.

I would really like it if it was a full map. But still in the canvas style, if you don't want to bother and just piece things together, I don't mind. I just really don't like my work enough to use it.

Bump, please, I need this. I'll be willing to pay 10$ for someone who can make an satisable map for me, please, thank you

ok...I'll try *Cries*

ah well...I've got enough to do that the world map is a bit far back on my mind...on ther other hand, I'm fastly closing to the point, actually, I'm already at the point, where the game is not going to work without the world map....

Professional Artist keithcurtis's Avatar

Is this a paying job?

only if it's really good, and it dosn't take that much to impress someone like me who dosn't know anything....

I can be able to get to pay up to 10$...bad english.

anyways, yeah, if you can do this, I'd really love it, and I'll give you the indepth mock ups, and everything. The style is an canvas look, like any of the FE games, or Luminous Ark, if your playing that right now like me. But should be more magnified.

btw, I don't need, actaully I don't want any of the cities to be drawn out in detail, sure, some little roads and boxes to represent the city would be nice, but I'm more looking for like an little icon figure of the city to be reveiled when the area is accessible, if course, if you can't do that, it's ok, i don't mind that much.

Blog Entries

Try this for a starting point...

Large one.
    www.viewing.ltd.uk/Temp/Monkey/Final.png

Thumb.

Any good ?

sorry for not replying, I was away for new years.

That looks amazing however, I really love it. please continue if you have the time.

You've got the basic geography, just need to add the details. Some basic markings of towns is all I need. I can sprite the icons for the towns myself.

I'll pay you if you want for the finished product, but it can't be that high, 10$ max, though I know it isn't the greatest motivation...I'm really happy that you took the time to try this though, thank yous a bunch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast