Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344 LastLast

Thread: Middle Earth DEM Project

Quote Originally Posted by Carbus View Post
    Wow nice project! Have you guys considered using VUE for the renders? As far as I know, you can easily export the files from WM to Vue, where you can get a better render quality and features also! Again great job!
    Thanks Carbus!....Yes, Vue is sweet, as is Terragen 3..I have a license for that, but not Vue unfortunately. If you want to do one feel free..:-D We plan to use Terragen to create the source textures for our procedural textures/biomes once we upgrade the engine.
    I'm going to be using Unity Game Engine to pre-visualise the sites as we model them.

Hey we have some kind of interview coming up with one of your Brazilian tech magazines (INFO | Notcias, reviews, downloads, dicas e fruns de tecnologia e internet)

monks

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Carbus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by monks View Post
    Thanks Carbus!....Yes, Vue is sweet, as is Terragen 3..I have a license for that, but not Vue unfortunately. If you want to do one feel free..:-D We plan to use Terragen to create the source textures for our procedural textures/biomes once we upgrade the engine.
    I'm going to be using Unity Game Engine to pre-visualise the sites as we model them.

Hey we have some kind of interview coming up with one of your Brazilian tech magazines (INFO | Notcias, reviews, downloads, dicas e fruns de tecnologia e internet)

monks
    Ohh nice! INFO is one of the bests tech magazines from Brazil, you are in good hands . When they release the interview please share it with us!
    Well Im still learning to use VUE, trying to do some tutorials and stuff, following a more realistic feeling (manly from Dax Pandhi, a great VUE moddeler). When I'm more comfortable with VUE I'll try something from Middle-Earth
    Keep up the good work!

Ohh nice! INFO is one of the bests tech magazines from Brazil, you are in good hands . When they release the interview please share it with us!
    Well Im still learning to use VUE, trying to do some tutorials and stuff, following a more realistic feeling (manly from Dax Pandhi, a great VUE moddeler). When I'm more comfortable with VUE I'll try something from Middle-Earth
    Keep up the good work!
    Nice work, cold mountain and the maps! Good luck with your journey. Dax was cited as being the best terrain artist in the world wasn't he?

monks

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Carbus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by monks View Post
    Nice work, cold mountain and the maps! Good luck with your journey. Dax was cited as being the best terrain artist in the world wasn't he?

monks
    He got more than 10.000 hours of working on VUE, so I bet he is very good! Already bought his book and some online classes. The problem is that VUE is tricky at many things, but a very powerful tool. I started learning WM too, another excellent software.

He got more than 10.000 hours of working on VUE, so I bet he is very good! Already bought his book and some online classes. The problem is that VUE is tricky at many things, but a very powerful tool. I started learning WM too, another excellent software.
    Yes, overall Vue is probably the renderer to go for, but I don't have the $ to invest in every license. I already have Terragen, and with its emphasis being more on larger scale stuff, I think it probably suits our project better. I prefer a node interface as well having used World Machine for ages now.

monks

Hi, we have an update. We've improved the textures- mainly an alignment fix, and some improvements with vegetation distribution. These look now how they are supposed to look at this stage in development. Mordor still has a little snow mind you, but I think you'll agree it's starting to look something like it should.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Biomes_Beta_Gondor_05.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	540.3 KB 
ID:	61336Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Biomes_Beta_Gondor_04.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	587.4 KB 
ID:	61337Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Biomes_Beta_Gondor_03.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	634.1 KB 
ID:	61338

Name:	Biomes_Beta_Gondor_02.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	513.3 KB 
ID:	61339Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Biomes_Beta_Misty_Mountains.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	456.1 KB 
ID:	61340Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Biomes_Beta_Misty_Mountains2.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	487.3 KB 
ID:	61341

Name:	Biomes_Beta_Ered_Nimrais_02.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	582.8 KB 
ID:	61342Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Biomes_Beta_Mordor2.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	542.5 KB 
ID:	61343Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Biomes_Beta_Ered_Luin.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	426.1 KB 
ID:	61344

Name:	Biomes_Beta_Mordor3.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	445.0 KB 
ID:	61345Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Biomes_Beta_Mordor.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	408.2 KB 
ID:	61346Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Biomes_Beta_Mordor4.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	320.1 KB 
ID:	61347

Name:	Biomes_Beta_screen_1392150824.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	403.3 KB 
ID:	61348Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Biomes_Beta_screen_1392151340.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	389.3 KB 
ID:	61349Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Biomes_Beta_Tolfalas.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	277.0 KB 
ID:	61350

Check out the new gallery here: Outerra Biomes

Looking ahead now to getting some better data into Outerra; terrain and biomes. We're going to do some development on the textures. Mordor colouration needs changing. Snow needs taking out. The whole northern end of the map needs tundra and much less snow. There's a few things we need to do...but I think we can make some major improvements quickly.

monks

These latest images of the planet and the biomes look very spectacular.

Blog Entries

The state of the MeDem terrain on Outerra has improved since these images but, for some reason I cant explain, I have yet to see them posted in the outerra forums. Cameni was adjusting the importer for them and setting up better tree shading based on the data we provide but the last I heard, there was some issue with them compiling it to Outerra format using the AMD card that was being used at the time. The new implementation has the terrain colour and the tree shading values sent to it. I believe that the snowline was adjusted to better match the Tolkien map since outerra uses fixed biome parameters at present. Anyways, the trees in the latest incarnation are much more rich and vibrant than these images and look a lot closer to the original map.

This is the last image I have:
    http://i1.minus.com/ibaCJkTOMaxFEc.jpg
    Last edited by Redrobes; 07-09-2014 at 07:06 AM.

Thanks for sharing it! It looks good.

Awesome is Outerra a tool available for making fantasy worlds?

Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344 LastLast