Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Battle of Four Armies (WIP)

Guild Adept Facebook Connected timallen's Avatar

Thanks! I know I have to do some work on those hills. I just kinda threw them up there quick. Really, they should get smaller as the "spurs" move away from the mountain. I'll work on that, and getting the layering right and see about the matting problem (which may or may not show up when printed).

And I will check out those other textures to see if any of them look better. The texture was a bit of an experiment for me. I wanted a texture that looked vaguely like farm land and found one, but when added, it did not have any perspective and looked odd, so instead I added that same texture to a separate page, flattened it, then ported it over to the map and warped the image so it Did have perspective. I'm sure there are easier ways to do that, but this worked!

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In case I didn't mention it Great Map (and I'm glad we got the legal stuff sorted.. )
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected timallen's Avatar

Here is what I just sent off to Alan. The designer said he liked the fold lines from the original so I added them back in. There are still some bits that could be touched up (like around the mountain), but Alan seems to want this ASAP and so if it seems like he likes this one, I am going to say its done. (Alan will be adding in all the text himself in Illustrator.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B4A maptest3.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	32998  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12