Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Torchio

Thanks!

I'm thinking I need to change all the fonts except the big labels away from that to something clearer though...

Time to browse through the fonts...

PS I'm now using Nexus font, which has a nice feature to find duplicate fonts in any specified folder(s). I found I had a good 1000+ duplicates, as I had one font set that came on CD where they were all named TTNumbers.ttf and a later set that had file names that matched the font name.... That's ben taking a while to clean up!

-Rob A>

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

That's awesome, especially Everto. I can imagine little black bat demons spiralling around those buildings...

One more update. I've sent it off for comment.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	working07Mar11.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	916.3 KB 
ID:	34188

Any good critical suggestions from the peanut gallery here?

Personally, I still don't like:
    - the main font
    - the legend (I just want to get rid of it)
    - the clash of styles with the Caves of Everto, but I couldn't get anything decent looking in a iso/caves/cross section.

-Rob A>

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

The Caves has a pattern and a shadow while the rest doesn't. Instead of that why not increase the size by making each of the courts within it's own circle within the larger Caves circle. That way you will have more space and the cramped lines of the buildings can be spaced out more by being larger. The legend...probably needs some embellishment like those clouds around the heaven part or something like the little spikey thing between circles - make a crown like that on top. As to the font, well, you've used that for a long time so why change? Plus it fits the style.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I think it looks fantastic! The caves do clash a bit, but isn't that fitting? That's basically Hell, isn't it?

Everything works for me apart from the legend. Is there some way you can integrate it into the main body of the map? I just can't see where you would put it unless you put more decoration outside the hemispheres.

Regarding the legend: have you tried it within a vertically held scroll, akin to the horizontal ones used elsewhere (and within the current legend)?

As Ravells says, you probably need an ornament in each quadrant if the legend is going to be outwith the main map.

Very neat stuff though.

Here is what I came up with for the legend - duplicate banners to maintain symmetry.

I plan to mirror them below in the quadrants larger with the same of the world on one side and some information on the other.

Name:	working23Mar11.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	939.5 KB 
ID:	34608

Still thinking of redoing the caves in a more iso style, but not sure yet how to do it....

-Rob A>

OK - I found the time to redo the caves in a more consistent style (I think).

Also moved the legend down to the bottom and added dual titles.

Name:	Torchiro Final.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	954.5 KB 
ID:	34625

Just waiting from the client.

-Rob A>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12