Thread: My generated world map

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Post My generated world map

This is my first post with proper content!

Since I'm not a good artist, but a pretty decent programmer, I try to build fantasy maps by generating them programaticically.

This map was generated by software written by me, from scratch. It's by no means finished, I'm especially not happy about the mountains. The biomes are also a bit too monotonous (only three terrain types) but that's actually somewhat on purpose.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seed1-size1000.png 
Views:	296 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	32981  

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

looks good! cool idea too! the forests could use a bit more density, and as to the mountains, some sort of bevel would go a long way.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
    looks good! cool idea too! the forests could use a bit more density, and as to the mountains, some sort of bevel would go a long way.
    I should indeed increase the density, but I've been wary of doing that because I map different territories and each has one dominant terrain type (my game needs that). I've attached an example of my region boundaries, this will make clear what I mean. I should probably place some random trees on the grassland parts too, at very low density, to mitigate this effect.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	combined.png 
Views:	556 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	32982  

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looks good !!
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.