Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GiddeHand Half-Script Font

Very good, Gidde! I don't know the standards and do's and don'ts for a font, but that's looking fantastic. It is also good to see some people not just drawing maps, but provide stuff, here "mapping elements", to use for them.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Thanks, Katto! And, well, I don't really know the standards either lol, but I'm trying to learn, and I'd like to think I have a pretty good eye for type. So hopefully I can learn to do this well

Woot! GiddeHand has 32 downloads in less than 24 hours of being up on FontSpace! Yay!!

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

That's fantastic! Congratulations. And I'm also massively impressed at those embarking on this dark art.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Heh heh, dark arts. I like that. I can picture a dark-robed wizard with all his gadgets and spell components trying to conjure up the perfect font over his cauldron.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Lmao. Thanks for the congratulations and for giving me a reason to laugh on what is turning out to be an exceedingly rough day

Good job. They look nice. Now, the bad news: when(if), you add your bold version, you will have to update the original since there is already some very close overlap in the letter spacing. Anyway, congrats! I will pick it up "eventually"(yea, I have way to many of those lying around in my brain....)
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

I realised too late that 'kerning' is a mystical process that requires the blood of an innocent, the sweat of thousands and the tears of a fair maiden. At that point I realised that I had started down a dark path - but that the ends would be worth the sacrifices the rite required of me. Now when I see Papyrus something dark stirs and the voices tell me what I must do to those who perpetrate such sins....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast