Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: GiddeHand Half-Script Font

Guild Apprentice FrancoisGoulet's Avatar
    Blainville, Quebec, Canada (M4HG+V8 Blainville, Québec)

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    LOL! It was a long time ago when I wasn't old enough to know better....the design I mean, not the decision to get married!!!
    Well, we were invited at a wedding last summer and it was Papyrus... still "actual" in 2010 in the wedding industry

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

May I ask what software you're using? I hop eyou haven't answered this elsewhere though, lol.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Blog Entries

2,150 downloads now on Fontspace. Does this mean you're gonna be getting the pro version like you said?

Great font, btw, Gidde.

Just out of interest... how on earth does a software company that makes font design software police such a thing as a font designed on a non-pro version being used in a commercial project? Must be a right nightmare. :s
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

they probably just put it there and hope that people do what they say

and even though its been many many years since I've used papyrus I understand the appeal of the font - but the overuse keeps me from using it again - don't want to look like all others

congrats on the high amount of downloads
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Thanks so much guys It's also been (FINALLY) posted on dafont

I do have the pro version now, I'm just putting the finished touches on GiddeHand Pro and trying to decide whether to try to handle payment/delivery myself or give up the 50% MyFonts.com takes (yowch).

Blog Entries

One of the things I appreciate in a good and professional font is when the font-creator adds my local characters - in the old days one should be lucky to get a font that supported them but with open-types 65.000 places there is now plenty of room. I often had big problems finding alternative fonts when I worked with disney stuff - cause the US designers found the strangest fonts only made with the most basic letters and thus people like me had to do magic to convert those fonts to the local language.
    Personally I like to see æ ø å Æ Ø Å in any font
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Thanks for the info, tilt, and I've actually just added ae and AE just for you The a-rings I had already included, but I'll also make sure I do the slashed o's.

One of the things I've been struggling with is a minimum glyph set for my commercial versions, so if anyone else has any must-have glyphs, please post or PM me with them.

Blog Entries

thanks *bows deeply* ... much appreciated... its not until you find a font without the letters you actually realise how much they are used in your language *lol*
    regs tilt

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234