Thread: GiddeHand Half-Script Font

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Default GiddeHand Half-Script Font

Well, I have finished (sort of) and submitted my first font to dafont.com, but they only review submissions once a month! So I thought I'd upload it for the Guild now. I'll add in accented characters soon, but I just didn't have the gumption to kern them all today. In the meantime, the accents are there so with a little hacking you can make accented characters if you need them for a map. The font is meant to emulate a ball-point or other round-nib pen, and is an approximation of my actual handwriting.

Edit: The font is licensed "Free for personal use" as the editing software I have precludes its use for commercial fonts. If it gets a ton of downloads I plan on buying the pro version of the software and will relicense it.
    2nd Edit: Updated the .zip to include a license file.
    3rd Edit (2/3/2011): Uploaded a new version to fix a bug that prevented Microsoft programs from rendering the font correctly. Also slightly changed the shape of the capital letter G.

Enjoy! And as always if you see something wrong with it or want to leave other suggestions they're always welcome!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GiddeHandTest.gif 
Views:	1003 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	33007  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Gidde; 02-03-2011 at 10:05 PM.