Thread: January/February Entry: Lair of the Alchemist

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default January/February Entry: Lair of the Alchemist

Ok, well I wanted to try something new but I've been wrapping up one commission, starting another and trying to figure out what to do for final touches on my Current Monthly Challenge entry. I'm also reading three books and running a business.

But then Geamon asked me why I haven't entered....Soooooo, this is what I was sketching out in my sketchbook. It's completely freehand and done without any points of reference other than my eye. I also wanted to attempt twisting the view by starting out the entry at a different angle and then pulling the viewer in through the door and into the branching tunnels of the Alchemist's Lair. Next time I think I'll try using some reference points though. I imagine this being linked through a Wine cellar or something.

I have not been able to do much with it because I've been doing all these other things but I am starting in the back and working my way forward as I paint. I'm honestly not sure if I'm going to be able to complete this one on time. I know I will try just because I hate to let things go unfinished once I start. So I hope you are happy Geamon

Once again, I go in thinking, "Man, I hope it doesn't suck". Hahha.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AlchemistLiar.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	33023  
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt