Thread: I need some Hot Lava (Dunjinni)

Post I need some Hot Lava (Dunjinni)

I am a very causal Dunjinni user. I'm setting up a Battletech Map for Gencon and I need some hot lava. I remember there used to be some CSAUC files for all kinds of things, and I recall seeing a few variations of lava. However I can't find anything on the PC I was using, and nothing on the net.

Thanks in advance.

Guild Member Facebook Connected

How this? I knocked it together in a short period of time. I think it looks sort of like lava. You may need to clone stamp it a bit to make it more tileable, as I think I missed a line or something in the bottom quarter. :/
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lava.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	523.4 KB 
ID:	32802

That should work nicely. Thanks for the quick response.

Small problem.

The lava image is huge. Additionally it seems to put itself on the top layer, anything I try to cover it with goes underneath it so I can't hide the large size.

I found this thread on the Dunjinni forums which might be of help. Particularly this bit:

Klarum, yes 200 pixels X 200 pixels represents a 5 foot X 5 foot square on the map, and all the floor and wall tiles are saved as such to tile neatly.

I think Kepli had a "page" of floor tiles from that alternate source, which he scaled (or cropped) to be about 6 DJ tiles square in size (1200 pixels). And loaded it into DJ as an "object", which as you know can be any size from very small to very large. (is 1200 pixels square the max I wonder?) You know what the nice side effect of that approach is ? To see any repeat in the floor tiles you need to look SEVEN tiles up, down, left, or right. The original art was drawn with each floor tile being pretty much unique.

That's my guess, anyway. DJ's promote/demote layer feature (the little up/down arrow buttons) let you keep it at "floor" level (all the way at the bottom)
    I've resized the lava as a 200 px square tile just in case. Little advice there about your layer problem too.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I've got some various Lava renders I toyed with in Genetica. When I get back from the office tonight I will see if I can find them and post 'em here for you.

Last time I played Battletech was a long time ago, does it still use hexes? I can try to create seemless hex tiles of lava if need be.