Thread: Map of Fantasy Forest for D&D Adventure

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Map of Fantasy Forest for D&D Adventure

I run a small company publishing adventures compatible with Dungeons and Dragons 4e. I would like a map for our next adventure, showing where the different encounters are in relation to each other.

The map is of a forested region and I would provide a rough sketch of the layout. I would need somebody to make it look neat and professional. The map should be black and white or gray scale and print at roughly 8 x 10 inches.

I'm in the proofreading stage with the rest of the adventure, so I'd love the map as soon as possible. (This week would be ideal).

Pay is negotiable, but we don't have a lot of money, so I'm thinking low double digits.

We would want exclusive commercial use, but you would retain the right to use it for your portfolio

If you are interested, please contact me at matthew AT matthewjhanson DOT com

Thanks, and let me know if I left anything out.
    Last edited by RobA; 02-02-2011 at 01:41 PM.

Hi matthew. I hope you have had some takers for your commission. We'd be grateful if you could pop a quick note on this thread when you've found a taker so we can mark the commission as taken.

thanks

Thanks ravells. I've had some replies but have not made my final decision yet. I had a couple of questions that came up in email, that I thought I'd put out here for everybody, just in case there are any last minute takers.

For style I like the feel of the maps that Tolkien included with his book. I found an example at: http://www.freewebs.com/togobulge/Th...rth%20Map2.JPG

And something fairly similar on TCG here: http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...%28Handrawn%29

Though both of these cover a much larger area than I need. (Just a single forest). And for time and budget reason I'm not looking for a ton of detail, but I want what there is to look good.

Also somebody asked to see the rough map, so I've attached it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Whispering Forest Map.gif 
Views:	488 
Size:	261.0 KB 
ID:	33094  

This is now taken.