Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Copying a map onto something big, then writing on something on top.

If it helps, I had an art teacher from Finland who called it onion paper. I don't know if that was just another English name for it or if that was a literal translation from Finnish. Anyway, it's pretty common stuff here, found in most art and office supply stores.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    If it helps, I had an art teacher from Finland who called it onion paper. I don't know if that was just another English name for it or if that was a literal translation from Finnish. Anyway, it's pretty common stuff here, found in most art and office supply stores.
    All I get for "sipulipaperi" are google hits for paper made out of onions. Eh, if I ever get to an arts supply shop, I'll just ask around.

I'm in the States and have always called it "Onion paper" or "Tracing paper". It's like wax paper only not so slick. Translucent like an Onion's skin. Great for tracing a drawing or something.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

I might just go with a computerised alternative, but instead of GIMP using something like MyPaint, which has non-destructive canvas rotation and better calligraphy tools. I'll blow up my image to 200% (with help-lines, I guess), then use a slow brush to write the stuff down. That oughta be good enough.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12