I've been working on my new map, but I'm a bit stuck with the lettering. I'd really like to be able to write these with a real pen (because, even though I can get it done with my tablet, the results aren't nearly as good as they think they are), then take a photo of the result and paste that on top of the real map.

Caveats:

A) I do not have a printer, scanner, printer-scanner or scanner-printer.

What I'd like to do:

1) I'd want to somehow make a copy of my map layout on a large picture surface; say, 2 A3 stitched together.
2) I'd like then to be able to write on top of this on a separate paper layer. The best I can think of is using baking paper, and stapling it to the map underneath. Don't know if oven paper takes ink though. Probably not. EDIT: It doesn't, at all. :TIDE
3) Then I'd like to scan this, but I don't have a scanner. I guess I could scan it in pieces if I had a scanner, but my brother has a relatively good camera.

Thing is... The above method is, y'know. And I have no idea how to get my map onto paper, short of printing it out onto separate pieces of paper... hrm. come to think of it, I could do just one bit at a time, if I had a printer. Anyhow, does anyone have any suggestions to any of this? What is a good translucent paper for this sort of thing? Should I just give up and buy a cheap printer-scanner again?