Thread: Cartographer for world map making

Default Cartographer for world map making

Hi,

We are a globe manufacturing company based in India and require a freelance cartographer who can design world maps for Illuminated Globes. These will printed on PVC sheets, northern and souther hemispheres on different sheets, and then Vaccum formed to half spheres which will be mounted on another plastic spheres.

Thanks

Mahesh Poojary

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

What size do these need to be? Can you provide a timescale that you need them on? How much detail are you looking for - major cities listed or more? What's your budget for the images?

Sounds like a fun project, I'm sure you'll find an artist here.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Hi Toykraftent, this does indeed sound like a fun project. I have a couple of questions to add to Torstan's: are you looking for earth world maps or fictitous ones? And what style are you looking for? Should it be terrain-heavy or more a Political atlas? Also, I wonder which projection would have to be used for literal stretching into a sphere. Does your process guarantee an even stretch of the image when you form the pvc sheet into a hemisphere?

We are manufacturers of Paper globes and have the cartography for various sizes starting from 3' to 12'. For the PVC sheets the cartography has to be adjusted according to the strecthing that will take place once the sheet is vaccum formed. We are looking for a cartographer who has this expertise.

We are manufacturers of Paper globes and have the cartography for various sizes starting from 3' to 12'. For the PVC sheets the cartography has to be adjusted according to the strecthing that will take place once the sheet is vaccum formed. We are looking for a cartographer who has this expertise.

We are looking for political at the moment.