Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: January/February Entry: Devil's Cave

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Loving the way this is going. Are we going to see a small guy in a horned helmet and a tiny unicorn? Really excellent work.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm going to spout some dragon nonsense now so please don't take me seriously (I am a FIRM believer in the "it's your story you write it the way YOU want to) but I just wanted to give you something to think about: You have your dragon VERY far away from her/his hoard..Any dragon and especially a Red would most likely never travel more than a few feet from her/his hoard while in her/his lair. Now with that being said she/he of course has to drink (and far less frequently eat) But most likely she/he would have her Kobold slaves/followers bring the water to her/him. With that being said Reds have a super-inflated ego and for her/him to be staring at her/his reflection in the pool would be right on character. As long as the pool was very near her/his hoard. Obviously I have had WAY too much coffee today and have NOTHING better to do.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected RjBeals's Avatar

wow. I love it!

Does this dragon have wings and does it exit through the water or can it squeeze out through that top hole? Sorry, just thinking out loud but I'm digging the whole scene you have going on here.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Man I need to learn to draw better. My character art doesn't match the quality of this and Iapada's , I got to bring my A game from now on!!! Great work pinder.
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Don't feel bad Geamon, I think I suck at drawing people too. Need way more practice. I just don't really like drawing people which makes it even more daunting.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Man I need to learn to draw better. My character art doesn't match the quality of this and Iapada's , I got to bring my A game from now on!!! Great work pinder.
    Don't feel bad Geamon, I think I suck at drawing people too. Need way more practice. I just don't really like drawing people which makes it even more daunting.
    I don't think ANY of you "suck" at much of anything...
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Guild Apprentice

Thanks for all the kind words so far.

@torstan - I never cared for the barbarian or the unicorn. I guess I should have included the magician.

@jaxilon - The dragon doesn't have wings and, yes, it's supposed to exit through the underground river.

@jtougas - I thought someone might call me out on the separate treasure room. I've moved the treasure into the main chamber with the dragon.

I'm not entirely happy with the kobolds, but I've got to get something in there. Now that I've moved the treasure, I have a whole other room to fill up.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cave_crosssection_07.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	448.0 KB 
ID:	33306  

Professional Artist Facebook Connected TheRedEpic's Avatar

This is hilarious, especially viewing it as its made with more and more elements being added in. Fantastic work, love the style!

Guild Apprentice

Wip

It looks like our industrious kobolds are busy setting a trap for the unwelcome adventurers.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cave_crosssection_08.jpg 
Views:	837 
Size:	462.0 KB 
ID:	33310  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast