Thread: New around these parts

Help New around these parts

Hello All! -waves a hand- Wanted to introduce myself, I'm Kela. I was hoping someone could point me in the proper direction of the 'help' boards.. as my new little map could use some! A friend tasked me with creating a map for the rpg he's building, and having only used graph paper and pencils for all my previous maps, I set out to find some sort of help. To my relief I found RobA's (giant thanks and accolades!!!) tutorial for GIMP after many failed attempts at a Photoshop map. Okay, so my relief turned into grief, tragedy.. and many of lost hairs from my head.. but I eventually came out the other side, a week later with something not horrible.

Have I mentioned, I ramble?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Hey, good to have ya here. I'm a rambler, too, so it's all good. If you're wanting some help on a specific map that you're doing then post in the works in progress threads. If you're looking for more general ideas as to where to go then check out the tutorial section. Need some brushes or patterns then try the elements section. For basic inspiration check out the finished maps section and if you feel like drooling for a while then check out the cartographer's choice area.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Hiya and welcome to the Guild!

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the Guild !!
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave