I got into mapmaking through another website that hosts a certain game that's very similar to a strategic war game. If you know the site, you probably know what I'm talking about. If not, well you might not be missing out on much...

Basically I was trying to make maps that they could integrate into their site. Unfortunately, the process was VERY slow (i.e. a year for full production), and relied on trying to make a map that pleased everybody. I'm all for a criticism and guidance, but if it's my map, well, you get the idea. Anyways, I was looking for another creative cartography outlet and found this site, and it's blown me away by the quality of work and support. So, I think I'll stick around, work on some maps, try and help out where I can, and have a good time.

I'm afraid I have a different focus than most of the rest of the board. I'm more into historical/non-fiction maps with a creative take, rather than complete fantasy. Don't get me wrong, I love fantasy works (mostly video games and books), but that's just not what I'm good at making. I have enjoyed browsing the different maps (of all scales) others have been coming up with. Although what I'll be working on is a little different, I hope there's a place for it Anyways, looking forward to sharing and posting.