Thread: Silverstaff

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Member

Wip Silverstaff

I will be slowly rendering my pencil and paper maps to FM8. It's about 95% as far as landmass accuracy goes. I'll tweak it as I work on it. I have a large number of smaller islands I will do once I get into the close detail work. The first image is the overall big picture. This is the continent of Silverstaff. Home to my campaigns. The continent is a super continent with the major sub-continents and islands already rendered.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Silverstaff.png 
Views:	103 
Size:	2.80 MB 
ID:	33200

I will be working mostly in 50% and 100% to do the fine detail work. You can see the isthmus and how close in I will be working in this next image. Each hex represents 20 miles. So you can see the continent is huge. It is also heavily settled. This will take me a long time to convert and upgrade over the long haul.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SSIsthmus.png 
Views:	171 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	33201

Edit: The upper map is listed in FM8 as scale 14.5. The second map is listed as scale 50. Most of my detail work maps will be shown in 150 scale, or 10x magnification of the continental map, unless otherwise mentioned. Also, the top of the map is due north.
    Last edited by Piscivorous; 02-23-2011 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Added information