Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silverdale, Jewel of the North

Default Silverdale, Jewel of the North

This is the final of the test city I was working on in this thread.

I think it's come out pretty well, but a few lessons learned on the way which I'll put into the next city I do which is going to be in a much more 19th Century style.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	110206a export.jpg 
Views:	24355 
Size:	4.06 MB 
ID:	33234  

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

That looks great! And I really like what you did with the Title/Legend. I liked the wood border, but I like this much better for the titling.

Super stuff Ravi!!! You make me wanna learn vector based image editors!!!
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

I love it Ravs! I really like how you've managed to seamlessly merge the topographical features of the map with the parchment background. If/when I ever create a city/town map I will look to this map for inspiration. Oh, and enjoy some rep.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Professional Artist Facebook Connected TheRedEpic's Avatar

This is a great map!, Do you mind if i ask how you were able to get all the little buildings done? They look like a framework of rooftops, did you do them by hand or did you have a program that helped you out?

I'm glad you have finished it. Well done!!! I like the style very much and can imagine that it can be recreated in CD3

<s> thanks Katto....I only have CC2 but I would have thought that it would be quite makeable in CC3.

RedEpic, thanks! Serif Drawplus has a vector scatter brush where you can load vector objects and it sprays them on the page. That's what I used to make the buildings. The vector objects came from Alfar's context free file which is on the site. Then it was a case of drawing in all the roof lines by hand which took a bit of time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast