Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Big One.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    I think I'm just doing this to get away from finishing that font!!!!!
    Hmm yeah.. I would see how working on a MASSIVE city would be distracting...
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    I think I'm just doing this to get away from finishing that font!!!!!
    But why? (she says as she starts work on a 3rd font because neither of the first two work for the cities in her map ...)

Well you may ask, Gidde! I'm getting font guilty now!!!

Anyway, I wasn't happy, binned everything except the river and have started again - this one will get binned too, but it's closer to the look I want.

Thanks for the encouragement, all! Being the slacker I am I will try to find as may shortcuts as I possibly can!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenie_03.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	539.1 KB 
ID:	33328  

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

That's not being a slacker, it is being *efficient*! This is looking really cool, can't wait to see more

Cheers, Gidde, ( like the way you think, you spin doctor you!) I have this terrible habit of running with the first thing I get. I then get into all sorts of problems later when it's all too late to repair. As this map is so damn big, I want to be absolutely satisfied that I've got the right road / building proportions, the right negative space, the right 'scatter' of outlying districts etc etc before I move onto the 'prettification'.....I just love the prettification though, so usually rush through this stage....not today!

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hmm..I had just downloaded those textures that you so graciously put up. I'm really enjoying watching this progress
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

that look great Ravi, looking so much forward to seing it progress... and progress... and progress
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Member

A thought (I haven't read the whole thread yet so this may have already come up) - having visited medieval cities those orange areas in the original could also be plazas, open squares for public gatherings, marketplaces, probably not cemeteries although maybe, estate grounds surrounding large churches/manors that got absorbed as the city grew, etc.

As I said, just a thought.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast