Thread: Primeval - A Retry

Guild Novice

Default Primeval - A Retry

Hey guys,
    I posted a request on these forums around last summer for a map of one of my project. I'm going to retry in hopes someone can help me Hihi

Here's the request;

No set time limit

I'm looking for something somewhat primitive in style, as my campaign setting is based on a sort of stone age era with tribes and everything. Of course I'd like some color, but there is no need for pushed-to-the-limit details. Keeping it simple will probably suit this project better than putting in too much detail and work.
    Something looking like this would be perfect; Map Example

Here's the sketch for my actual project Primeval Landmass
    The map is but a small part of a whole world, it shows a couple types of terrains (desert, forest, mountains, savannah, coastal, archipelageo, jungle, barren plains) in which the action will take place. There is also a huge area taken by the sea.
    The map will be about 250 miles per inch (250miles/inch)

Needless to say, I'm not looking for butched work as I can do that myself. I do encourage amateur work and beginners who want to give their first go at it, but it has to be somewhat inviting to the eye.

It's a map that will be used on the web only and showcased in threads and posts, perhaps a wiki/blog about my fantasy setting.

It needs to be about 10'x6'. Or at least big enough so that people don't have to kiss their computers to see it.

The map will be used for one of my RPG projects, which is more of a home, personal project. I do not intend to make use of this map (and my project for what it matters) for commercial purposes. You can definitely showcase it in your personal portfolio. The artist basically keeps copyright of his work and can ask me to not use it if he so wishes.

Here's hoping I'll meet someone to work with
    Magnus

Guild Novice

Forget it guys,

I ended up picking up GIMP and playing around the toolset. After a couple hours on my first time using it I've got this;

There's no names on it yet, but I intend to work on that.

Thanks anyways.

P.S: Can't believe I asked for help for this.

Well that's the best result of all! Now you'll get your map exactly how you want it! I was hanging back to see if anyone else was going to volunteer, but I'm glad to see that your map is in the best possible hands now! (yours!). If you need any assistance / advice, don't hesitate to post your map up on the WIP forum.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Excellent!! I was just going to give this a try when I read your second post. Nice job and like Rav said if you need any help feel free to ask
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Guild Novice

Thanks, I shall do if I ever need help.

I'm doing the map over again, when I get a result I want I'm going to post it.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Glad to see you took the plunge and tried it yourself.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.