Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finally, a new map.

Professional Artist

Map Finally, a new map.

Hi all,
    I have finally updated my site with a new map, which is too big to attach but can be viewed here. For those who are interested, this map depicts the region of Kurnefala and its neighbors, which are part of the empire of Visarmayan. It is the region immediately to the east of the area which I most recently mapped (here).

-Rob
    Last edited by RobA; 04-11-2013 at 11:50 AM.

Do you have the Nat'l Geo style sheet? This is tight
    Something witty and pithy

Professional Artist

Quote Originally Posted by mmmmmpig View Post
    Do you have the Nat'l Geo style sheet?
    Nope. I do have access to all of their fonts, but I'd get in big trouble if I used them. The style sheet here is my own invention, but it pretty much follows normal cartographic standards.

-Rob

Wow...just wow. One can only admire those maps. Like in a real Atlas. I'm looking forward to more...
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Blog Entries

I thought this map was amazing, really amazing then it was put into the shadow of something more amazing. I just been to the site to see that this is one of many (what 27 ?) like it... So I just had to play ! Seriously cool stuff.

Edit -- actually I have a question. Is the map projection built into the maps or is it something that you apply to them. Or to rephrase it, are the maps vector types so that you could do different projections of the same map - like a Mercator or whatever or does it have to be viewed with the one you used because you have labeled stuff to fit with the projection.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 01-01-2008 at 08:54 PM.

Impressive as ever, Rob!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

It's really great stuff your doing.

It so great that first I though it was a real map in which you change the name.

It must take a great deal of time to come up with all those names no?

Hope to see more of your work soon,
    Alu.
    Let my fangs find your neck, during the night, so that I can drink your knowledge ...

So it could be use here : www.l-hazard.com

Professional Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    So I just had to play ! Seriously cool stuff.
    That's sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Edit -- actually I have a question. Is the map projection built into the maps or is it something that you apply to them. Or to rephrase it, are the maps vector types so that you could do different projections of the same map - like a Mercator or whatever or does it have to be viewed with the one you used because you have labeled stuff to fit with the projection.
    The projection is built into the maps. It would be great to be able to reproject the maps (it would definitely save me time!) but my software does not have that capability.

Quote Originally Posted by alucard339
    It must take a great deal of time to come up with all those names no?
    No kidding, I am completely burned out on coming up with names! I need to find a good programmable name generator.

Thanks
    -Rob

I just got done going through your site and your work is absolutely amazing. I was glad to see you dabble in different styles once in a while, too (of particular interest to me was the city map of Jushalishuk - very cool).

I think there's a lesson here for me and I think it's called Attention to Detail. My wife might call it something else ("insanity", "anal", "obsessive", etc.), but then, she has her own collection of obsessions, so we can't really use her opinion as any sort of measure.

Keep making your maps. We'll keep gawking in astonishment.

I think there's a lesson here for me and I think it's called Attention to Detail. My wife might call it something else ("insanity", "anal", "obsessive", etc.), but then, she has her own collection of obsessions, so we can't really use her opinion as any sort of measure.
    As one of my friends once said: everyone's a geek for something!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast