Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Teaser / Trailer

Bugger the youtube intro has been removed ... copyright violation..... ah well, maybe best to wait for the boxed set dvd.

I've begun to realise that if you live your life about a year behind new releases, everything becomes much cheaper and there's still so much to watch...:: cries ::

Link Game of Thrones Opening Credits - Cartographers Dream! (Link Inside)

Last night's 'Game of Thrones' opening credits were phenomenal! Talk about cartography taken to the next level. The show itself was very well done. The characters look much like what I pictured them to be. Here is a link to the opening credits.

Game of Thrones Opening Credits - Cartographers Dream!

I've read the books twice over the last few years. Martin writes a good story but he has been SOOOOOO SLOOOOOOOW with finishing up his story. The final book is complete and will be out in a few months. If you haven't read them, do so. Good story!

~Val
    "Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc"

Argontath Map Finished Thread

My Flash Website! - Welcome to Argontath

final book? or just the next book?
    I'm going to check the credits now.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

It was so much better than I thought it would be, and my expectations were already sky-high. Based on this first episode, it might be in the top three TV shows or movies I've seen in my life.

The actors, every one, just perfectly nailed each character. They were all just as I imagined they'd be. And Peter Dinklage was just. Damn. Awesome. The Imp rules!

Hehe, I'm with you ravells. If you skip watching movies for a couple months it's like you can never catch up and you always get to watch them on the cheap. Lately I try to decide if it's the kind of movie that would be better on the big screen or not. Sometimes you just gotta go to the theater for stuff like Star Trek and so on but a lot of stuff it's really not necessary.
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 04-18-2011 at 11:08 PM.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Movie theatres - I take my nieces for kiddie stuff, everything else is pay per view. PPV is 5 bucks, theatre runs about 80 bucks. I may not be current with what's hot, being 6 months behind, but it doesn't bother me and it saves a lot of cash.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Supposedly, it is the last book as stated back in 2008. I doubt it though. He changes his mind all the time. I'm truly hoping he has raised the bar with "A Dance With Dragons" and has used the last 4-5 years to work out all the loose ends. The book will be released, so he says, July 12, 2011. He has given out dates since 2007. Let's hope this time the book is released. *crossing my fingers*

~Val
    "Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc"

Argontath Map Finished Thread

My Flash Website! - Welcome to Argontath

Unfortunately, not the final book, just the next book. Hopefully the pace will pick up a bit. He wrote himself into a corner he wasn't quite sure how to get out of, which is why the last book took so long.

I thought that opening credit sequence was a beautiful way of laying out the geography for the audience.
    Dean

\"Nonsense, your only saying that because no-one ever has!\"

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Not to sound like an HBO shill, but I'm telling you guys (in the US), this show alone is worth the price of HBO every month. Plus, there's True Blood also, my guilty pleasure.

Oh well, my neighbours two doors down have SkyAtlantic (which shows all the HBO stuff) and they have recorded the first episode for me. I can't ask them to do this every week though! I'm going to have to try to find another solution like someone who has a Skybox and who record the episode and burn it onto a DVD for me....that requires a geek friend I think.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast