Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Teaser / Trailer

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Looks great! I hope they caught the atmosphere of the books.

If I had to ask for anyone to do the show it would have been HBO. I've just been looking at the 'making of' video on the HBO website and it looks like we are in for such a treat. Fantasy for adults (especially in films and on TV (not to be confused with Adult Fantasy of course lol) is so thin on the ground. Roll on April!!!

I'm awfully excited about this! I wish the next book would hurry up and come out!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

LMAO Ravs, get out of my head! I ordered hbo a week ago, just finished rereading book 1, amd devoured every trailer i could find last night.

LOL! I must be the last person on earth who's found out that HBO were makings this. I only discovered it today. RE: I read a comment on one of the you tube trailers: 'At the speed that George RR Martin writes his books, the scriptwriters will have to finish the story for him'.

Gidde: It's funny, but I always like it when I've half forgotten a book when the film is made. I must have read the first book over 8? years ago. Perfect for me as the film will spark little memories, but I can't remember so much that if they decide to do something slightly different I'll notice it.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am SO not worthy to call myself a fan of Fantasy.. I had never heard of these books until I saw the trailer.. (off to amazon I go.. )
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

All I can say jt, is buckle up, you're in for a helluva ride!

Actually Ravs, reading it now is sorta doing the same thing for me ... I retain very close to nothing when I read a series, so 3 months from now when the series starts I'll have forgotten most of it. I'm only really rereading now, because I got my mom to read the series and I can't talk about it with her because I keep remembering things out of order.

example (spoiler free)
    Mom: I just started the series! It's really good, I'm almost done with book one!
    me: Cool, how'd you like the Wedding?

I think i speak for all fans of the book when i say, IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME! Anyone know when the show is being aired in Australia?

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast