Thread: WIP : Rookdell Landing

Default WIP : Rookdell Landing

I'm taking a second crack at the town style I'm practicing and this time I'm going larger scale and going with a more organic feel. This is to be a trade and mining center located in the high lands of mountain, Small principality with a magistrate and such. The town is reinforced with walls and supports it own garrison at the magistrates office. Working on the layout stage at the moment and am looking for feedback on the layout. Is this more or less realistic for a town layout? How large of a population would a town like this actually facilitate? Hope you enjoy the progression.

Legend: Dark Green = Trees, Light Green = Fields/Sheep Herding, Blue = River, Dark Grey = Major Roads, Light Grey = Minor Roads.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rookdell Landing.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	675.4 KB 
ID:	33305  
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It looks very good so far. I use a round about formula of 5 people per building. Of course that changes depending on exactly what I'm trying to achieve with the town/city
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Here's where I am so far. Struggling with the topography but trudging along. This is reduced 50%, one of the larger maps I've worked on so far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rookdell Landing.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	3.64 MB 
ID:	33361  
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.