Thread: Confédération Sináréenne nowadays and during the war against the pirates

Map Confédération Sináréenne nowadays and during the war against the pirates

Well, I’ve finished to make maps of a country of my novel. The first one is this country at the moment where the scene takes place and the second one is more an historical map which represent this country during the war against pirates (around 200 years before the story)

I hope you’ll enjoy it

This country is situated in the Northern continent of my novel (http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...nt-of-my-novel)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fédération.jpg 
Views:	385 
Size:	1.68 MB 
ID:	33317Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fédération ancienne.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	33318

ps: there is a bug with the second but the link works

Very pretty, nice use of symbols and I love the cartouche. The paper texture is a tad heavy for my taste but that's just a subjective thing. Great work and have some rep!

Very, very nice maps, adunakhor. My only quibble would be the darkness of the coastal 'wave lines' ... in tight spots like islands hugging the coast, and right around Sinare my eye gets confused as to which line is the real coast. But the overall effect AND the maps when examined closely is simply a knockout. Well done - have some rep!

My favorite touch is the scale in units of "days on horseback". Well, that and the mountains. And the way you're definitely telling a story, even just with the maps....

Will the novel be in French? My French comprehension is too rusty to tackle a whole novel, I'm afraid.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looks Great !! Like Rav said the paper texture is more "plastic" than I personally like but that's again just me
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Thank you very much! I'm happy you like it.
    Indeed, concerning the texture it's really "spécific" and personnal.

Quote Originally Posted by jbgibson View Post

Will the novel be in French? My French comprehension is too rusty to tackle a whole novel, I'm afraid.
    Yes, the novel'll be written in French and this country will be one of the most important ones in the first part of the story. And I'm afraid I'm not rather good in Enghish to translate it correctly

If I have the courage I'd make a summary in English :p

Still Thank you!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I'm with Ravs, everything is quite nice, but the 'texture' is a bit overwhelming.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Thanks for the comments, I see what you explain, I'll try to flatten the texture on my future maps and compare with these maps

Nice map adunakhor. I'm with ravells concerning the background. Also the thick yellow lines outside the coastlines look odd. IMO they are not necessary.