Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A 3D modeler render for $10

Blog Entries

Default A 3D modeler render for $10

Ok so its a bit of a viral marketing ploy but there is this one I had not heard of which is normally super dear going for $10 only if enough people buy it. Any good to anyone ?

http://projectmessiah.com/x6/shop.html

Yes, thanks Redrobes. Good hint.

Wow, that's awesome. I ordered the Pro version. I've always thought it was an interesting field but way out of my area of expertise and certainly price range. I just hope I can find the time to use it if they reach the goal. I'm sure it'll be another way to burn my free time. Thanks, I think
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

I got it (er hope to get it if enough people go for it!) for the caustics and the subsurface scattering (which Bryce doesn't have), I wish Vue or Natural Scene Designer would put out an offer like this, I'd snap it up in a second!

I would really love to play with all the rigging stuff, but I think that would be one hobby too far for me!

I downloaded the demo version and the UI doesn't look user friendly. Anyway, I'll give it a try and with the price you can't do anything wrong.
    Oh, yes Vue... They halfed the prices for all versions a few weeks ago before the new version came out, but still too expensive.

Their progress bar is moving really fast now. I dropped $40 on the pro version yesterday and it was just barely over 50%, now its past 75%.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

I had to think about it until payday to make sure I wasn't succumbing to my normal impulse-buy techniques, but in the end $1100 software for $40 was too good to pass up. I'm in too.

That was part of my thinking as well Gidde. Plus, after watching some of the "Plankton Invasion" stuff I just had to have it.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Blog Entries

I thought id sling the link out just in case but it seems that its taken up some traction. I wasn't going to buy a copy actually. I am more into the content creation or the object modeling side of things than the renderer or animation. So before this bar whoops up to the finish line. Am I right in thinking this is for character animation more than character creation ? Does it have a modeller in it ? I just dont do bones, hair and deformations etc. Would I ever need this ? But $10... maybe I should just do it anyway ?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast