Thread: The Lucky Monkey

Default The Lucky Monkey

This is a map of a roadside inn that the group I play with uh..."inherited", so to speak. (From Dungeon #98 )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lucky Monkey.jpg 
Views:	609 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	33341   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lucky Monkey - 2nd Floor.jpg 
Views:	468 
Size:	793.9 KB 
ID:	33342  
    Last edited by Wonko the Sane; 02-10-2011 at 08:33 AM. Reason: An 8 and a ) make an 8) emoticon

I like it. Its quite the convention centre!

Dollhouse Syndrome = The temptation to turn a map into a picture, obscuring the goal of the image with the appeal of cute, or simply available, parts. Maps have clarity through simplification.

--- Sigurd

I think when the wife and I plan our next vacation, it will be at the Lucky Monkey! Thanks for sharing!

~Val
    "Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc"

Argontath Map Finished Thread

My Flash Website! - Welcome to Argontath

Guild Member

Valthrarius : Wait to see the prices for the stay...

Nice map, I like it a lot !

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very Cool. I think I'd like the soft red glow from the tinted windows Repped
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Dat monkey got some fonky.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Thanks for the comments everyone...I think I'm starting to settle into a style I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Valtharius
    I think when the wife and I plan our next vacation, it will be at the Lucky Monkey!
    Happy to hear that the ever-present threat of attack from the monster-infested forests nearby doesn't deter intrepid vacationers such as yourselves. It's been a month and a half since the last attack, and almost a year since we lost Geoffrey, the stable hand. Now, with the new owners being brave adventurers, the possibility of troublemakers targeting The Lucky Monkey seems downright unthinkable.*

Quote Originally Posted by Ukyuu
    Wait to see the prices for the stay...
    On the contrary! Our prices are comparable to any roadside inn near monster-ridden wildlands. Guests that are handy with a bow or sword can earn themselves a tidy discount by aiding in the inn's defense, should one of the rare monster attacks occur during their stay.*

Quote Originally Posted by jtougas
    I think I'd like the soft red glow from the tinted windows
    If you look closely, you can see that it's the same texture as the walls, just a little narrower so that the windows are recognizable as such. I did do a version that has light shining through the stained-glass windows, but it just looked far too busy for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension
    Dat monkey got some fonky.
    Indeed. Fridays are Polka-Rama nights, and Saturdays are Cribbage tournament nights. It can get a little out of hand, especially when Grandma has a little too much cider.

*Management will not be held responsible for loss of property/body parts/guests that may occur.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Nicely done...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.