Thread: Tigon steps out of the shadows

Post Tigon steps out of the shadows

Hi folks, I'm like a fair few members around here I reckon, lurking in the shadows, viewing some wonderful creations and then scurrying back to the world without leaving a message. Well, having been pointed in the direction of Tear's majestic Westeros map I registered and will hopefully punt up some of my old, hand-drawn and scanned stuff soon, along with a couple of "boxmaps" for the two scenarios I've produced for the Midnight/MU community (celebrating the old Lords of Midnight game from the mid '80s).

My mapping history dates back to school days but really kicked off with the aforementioned Lords of Midnight and its successor Doomdark's Revenge. Like many I dare say that things ramped up when introduced to D&D and then other RPG systems. As an avid fan of Middle-Earth gaming in that sector was my main thing, as GM and player (mostly the former).

Anyway, I am prone to the odd ramble (you may have noticed) so suffice to say, I still love maps but most of my graphic work these days revolves around bits-n-pieces for web applications or shields and banners for Midnight/MU. Having recently got an upgrade from Fireworks MX to CS5 I'm keen to use spare time finding out how the Ps tutorials here can translate to Fw (if at all). I may have to fire up the GIMP again, having had a brief affair with it about 4 years ago.

</ramble>

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

hi Tigon, welcome to the guild - looking forward to seing your maps. When you're ready post in a WIP thread for help and critique
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Thanks tilt, none of them are WIP though, unless the "P" stands for "Past" I might get to scan them in tonight since the missus is off to some school do.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Hiya Tigon, welcome to the Guild!

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the Guild !!
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Ho hum... can't find my old stuff where I expected it to be. Did find some very old Lords of Midnight based sketches I did, back in the 80s! No book that had the site maps of my characters though...

Ach well, I'll scan those sketches in anyway. Might play around with some digital colouring in and see how they come out.

I think I'm going to try out some of the tutorials over the next couple of weeks, get to grips with some of the landscape techniques for mountains, trees, etc. I'll post up some results of before and after regarding the "artwork" map that I did to go with my scenario over at Midnight/MU — The Rift.

Thanks for the welcomes BTW.