Thread: Start of a long road....

Default Start of a long road....

Hi there everyone. Having been viewing from the back for a while I decided to join up as I think that this is a wonderful community with some very talented people. Hoping some of that talent will rub off on me! For a long time now I have really wanted to develop my own CRPG but have held off due to the enormity of the task. I have decided to take the plunge however and make a start. No idea if I will see my game finished but as long as I enjoy myself along the way Im happy.

I plan to build the world in full detail first (nations, history, races etc.) and then implement the story I have developed into a selected region. I think it's very important to have continuity in games and it never ceases to amaze me how many of the 'big' games get this wrong!

Anyway that's enough........got to spend some time getting my head around PS layers

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

Velcome to zeh guild!

Good luck to your project. as to PS layers, think of them as sheets of glass instead of a canvas. you can paint on one sheet, and you will still be able to see whatever you painted on the sheets below it. Except that you can do crazy digital effects on those sheets of glass, and erase almost any mistake you make with the ctrl z key combo.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Howdy Squinty o/

You should do a search for "PS layers" on this site. There is a great tut by someone here (damned if I can remember who...:{ ) that explains that most usefull of tools. And trust me....the illumination it gives will show you oh so many things that you have been missing
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Welcome aboard and yay for delurking!

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the Guild !!
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave