Thread: new map, Angolsium

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map new map, Angolsium

hey guys

sometimes i get an idea that won't get out of my head and this is the beginning of that idea. lately, i've been working a lot with layers, border masks, and embossing (still can't get the hang of that) in corel photo paint. here is the result, see if you can figure out the continent i used as an example. shouldn't be that hard.

i'm trying to get symbols that would work for mountains, hills, forests, swamps, etc. still can't get what style i want yet. anyway, if anyone has any thoughts or ideas, let me know. i'm kind of stuck until i figure out a few things:

1. what style of map i want to do. old? atlas? new? FR? old Greyhawk? i dunno.
    2. scale. i'm still working that out as well. i'm tempted to go 1 inch = 100 miles. that's about average, i guess.
    3. since i'm thinking that this is going to be a map for the new 4th edition, i kind of want a lot of wilderness, with a few scattered duchies around. maybe a small kingdom, but for use with the "tiny points of light" dogma that WOTC is doing for 4th ed.

anyway, you guys have always given me some great ideas here, and also if you want to use this as a base to show me what could be done, go ahead. i'm open for all suggestions here. thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Angolsium.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	372.5 KB 
ID:	2086