Thread: DaVinci map

Default DaVinci map

Looking for something else I happened across this map done by Leonardo Da Vinci of a town and I figured if it's never been posted here before you folks might want to check it out.

Town_plan_of_Imola.jpg
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Great find! *wanders away thinking about how cool a font LDV's mirror writing would be*

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very cool. Thanks for posting that Jax. And Gidde I think that a LDV font would be very nice indeed
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Guild Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gidde View Post
    Great find! *wanders away thinking about how cool a font LDV's mirror writing would be*
    One exists already. Can't think of its exact name but I remember seeing the physical CD for sale in a gift shop. The package included forwards and backwards writing.

Very neat! Is there a context why he chose Imola? I dont think he had any personal connection to it? Granted Im not a da Vinci expert though...
    anyway, this map almost looks like its straight from google maps. Really amazing!