Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stillmeadows

Guild Member

Don't worry, I haven't slowed down much!

I've added a bunch of buildings. I want to put in all of the buildings, roads and vegetation, then I'm going to go back and spend a day or so on the shadow layers.

I've got the Lake in and the mayor's keep as well as quite a few other buildings. I also need to plot the outliers [farms mostly] on the bottom of the map. I also have to figure out how I will represent the arena that will go on the first tier in the bottom right of the map. Here is my WIP map:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stillmeadows2.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	593.4 KB 
ID:	33809

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I wouldn't make it a big arena, it's not that big of a town to support it, stock it, or build it in the first place. Maybe a tournament grounds for jousts and arrow-shooting and some melee contests.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Maybe a tournament grounds for jousts and arrow-shooting and some melee contests.
    You're much too civilized. This will be a gladiatorial arena.

Guild Member

Map Stillmeadows finished

OK, I worked on this over the weekend and finished it this evening. Once I got the rest of the buildings in, it was all shadowing and labeling while adding some foliage and the fields and orchard.

Do I move this to finished maps or simply add a new post in finished maps with the attachment?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stillmeadows.png 
Views:	89 
Size:	2.91 MB 
ID:	34384

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Create a new thread in the Finished maps forum and up-load the final version.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This turned out really good.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12