So I downloaded the demo of Serif Drawplus X4, seeing some of the good stuff it can do.

The trial is very limited featurewise, so I parked it on the backshelf.

last night I received this email:

++LIMITED TIME OFFER++
Upgrade to DrawPlus X4 Today and save $80 on the Usual Price!

Dear Mr Rob Antonishen

Now that you have had some time to try out all the great features in your free DrawPlus download, we thought you might like to upgrade to the full version, DrawPlus X4, which gives you unrestricted access to all DrawPlus X4’s powerful design tools and professional drawing features.

The RRP for DrawPlus X4 is $99.99 but because you have recently downloaded DrawPlus Starter Edition you can snap up a copy along with the printed User Guide, worth $19.99, for the combined price of just $39.95 all in*. That’s a huge 67% discount and a saving of $80. And because DrawPlus X4 comes with the printed User Guide you’ll have all the information, handy hints and tricks to help you get started with your new software.

And don’t forget, you’ll receive free delivery with your order!

By upgrading to the full version you’ll get access to DrawPlus X4’s complete range of artistic brushes, high impact graphics, ready-made templates and stylish effects, and with the freedom to create designs with an unlimited number of pages, you can design anything you want!

Unrivalled PDF import and editing capabilities make working with this industry-standard file type so easy, while intelligent connector and dimension tools make charts and graphs so simple. Plus, with a built-in PhotoLab, Image Cutout Studio, Autotrace and the tools to create Flash® animations, you’ll have everything you need to improve your drawing skills and make your artwork look better than ever.
So I click the link and am informed:
Offer Closed

Thank you for your interest in Serif's recent email promotion, unfortunately this offer is no longer available.
This was 11 hours after receiving the email!

I tried the toll free number and was told "due to high volumes of calls we will not even put you in the queue".

Whats with that?!!? Limited time offer less than 11 hours?

GGRR.

-Rob A>